Re: trimming down the native API
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
For filenames, first it looks like we could simply remove a lot of files with a small amount of effort:
- private/Linpack.h The functions here are documented as being unused in R.
- R-ftp-http.h No longer exists as it's all been moved to private/R-ftp-http.h
- private/Memory.h Contains a single function (R_gc_running) which could be re-added to the public API or moved to Defn.h
- private/Rdynload.h Contains a single function (R_getDllInfo) which could be re-added to the public API or moved to Defn.h
- private/Rmath.h Contains a single function (Rf_logspace_sum) which could be re-added to the public API.
- private/Rinterface.h Should all be made public.
After this, the only two filename clashes are Utils.h and Rinternals.h. private/Utils.h looks like a random collection of functions, which would fit nicely in Defn.h which also looks like a random collection of functions. private/Rinternals.h could be named Rprivate.h or R_private_internals.h or something similar.
For VECTOR_PTR, Rcpp uses the macro version using USE_RINTERNALS. The public function contains just an immediate call to Rf_error() saying not to use that function, so there shouldn't be any code that depends on it doing something useful.
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Lukas Stadler <lukas.stadler@...> wrote: